The SMBA Bar News is a newsletter published by the SMBA and distributed to SMBA members and subscribers. The Bar News contains regular feature articles, news from the Bench and Bar, a calendar of SMBA events and committee meetings, detailed information on SMBA CLE programs, and classified ads of interest to area lawyers.
Bar News content is limited to SMBA events, activities and projects and other items to be included at the discretion of the editor. Member submissions pertaining to SMBA activities, projects and committee meetings are encouraged. Submissions from courts and other government entities providing information related to the practice of law will be considered for inclusion. The following items are specifically excluded:
· Events, including charitable events or solicitations in which the SMBA a not a sponsor.
· Continuing legal education in which the SMBA is not a sponsor.
· Notices or information specific to an individual member (however, the items will be considered for inclusion as classified or display ads).
Article Submission Guidelines
· Articles are accepted from SMBA members on subjects of interest to the legal profession on a space-available basis.
· Submissions should be formatted in MSWord, text-only or rich text format
· Optimal word count 800-900
· Items unsuitable for publication as articles will be considered for inclusion as advertisement.
Advertising rates and specifications.
Click here for archived copies of the Bar News.
To maintain the Honor and Dignity of the Profession of Law, to cultivate social interaction among its members, to promote legal science, and to Advance Justice