Separation of Powers: Framework for Freedom
Important Dates and Deadlines
- All entries must be received on or before 5:00 pm, Friday April 6, 2018.
- Contest winners will receive their awards and videos will be screened at the Law Day Lunch Celebration, May 4, 2018 (information)
- Select videos will be displayed at other venues promoting law day.
Instructions and rules
- Open to college/ university students enrolled full or part-time
- Create a 1-3 minute video that illustrates the law day theme - "Separation of Powers: Framework for Freedom"
- ALL audio and video MUST be original content, created solely by the contest entrant. No copyrighted material should be included in the final product. All audio and video featured in the entry should be produced lawfully with attention to regulations regarding the recording of people and locations. Appropriate permissions should be obtained from all subjects being recorded for use in the video.
- Entries accepted via a PRIVATE YouTube link or a PRIVATE Vimeo link
- Submit entry via email link to firstname.lastname@example.org (must include the password to access the video along with entrant's first and last name, email address and phone number, university name, and major field of study)
- Limit one entry per person
- Deadline: April 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- First place: $350
- Second place: $175
- Third place: $100
All entries become the property of the SMBA and may be used by the association as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. By entering your copyright and all other rights, title and interest are assigned to the SMBA. Entries may be reproduced and published, along with the artists’ names, and used for current and future Law Day promotions. The SMBA reserves the right to cancel the contest or eliminate award categories if entries are deemed insufficient in the sole discretion of the SMBA. Direct questions concerning the contest to the SMBA office at email@example.com or 417 831-2783.
DISCLAIMER: Occasionally, the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association will record its events and use those recordings for promotional purposes. Registrants, instructors, exhibitors and guests agree that they may be photographed, videotaped and/or recorded during the event, and their names and Springfield Metropolitan Bar Bar Association without compensation and that the recorded materials are the sole property of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association