Separation of Powers: Framework for Freedom
Poetry Slam Competition
Eligibility and Registration
- Open to college/university students enrolled full or part-time
- Register at this link.
- Register today to insure your spot. When registration fills a wait list will be implemented. Registration deadline: April 25, 2018, 5:00 p.m. or prior if all spaces are filled.
- Compose and perform an original poem on the 2018 Law Day theme "Separation of Powers: Framework for Freedom" For more information about the theme, check out americanbar.org
- Poem should be 1-3 minutes, penalty imposed for exceeding time limit.
- Limit one poem per person
- First place: $200
- Second place: $125
- Third place: $75
All entries become the property of the SMBA and may be used by the association as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. By entering your copyright and all other rights, title and interest are assigned to the SMBA. Winning works may be reproduced and published, along with the artists’ names, and used for current and future Law Day promotions. Direct questions concerning the poster contest to the SMBA office at email@example.com or 417 831-2783.
DISCLAIMER: Occasionally, the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association will record its events and use those recordings for promotional purposes. Registrants, instructors, exhibitors and guests agree that they may be photographed, videotaped and/or recorded during the event, and their names and Springfield Metropolitan Bar Bar Association without compensation and that the recorded materials are the sole property of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association