Nomination Deadline: March 27, 2020
The SMBA Liberty Bell Award recognizes a non-lawyer whose service strengthens the effectiveness of the American system of freedom, in keeping with the spirit of our Constitution. The award honors individual service in one or more of the following areas:
- Promoting a better understanding of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights;
- Encouraging a greater respect of law and the Courts;
- Stimulating a deeper sense of individual responsibility so that citizens recognize their duties as well as their rights;
- Contributing to the effective functioning of our institutions and government;
- Fostering a better understanding and appreciation of the law.
Any individual who has rendered outstanding service to his or her community in one or more of these areas may be nominated. Persons in all fields of endeavor are eligible for the Liberty Bell Award. Past recipients have come from both the public and private sectors and such diverse fields as education, law enforcement, and charitable organizations.
Nominations may be submitted by members of the SMBA or members of the public by completing the form below. Nominations should include why nominator believes nominee fulfills the award criteria.